The Railway Museum Day on Sunday 16th of August 2009 was full of activities around the museum area.
Kulttuuriseteli “culture voucher” is a new kind of benefit offered by the employer to enhance the personal well-being of staff. Now you can use Kulttuuriseteli and Virike-seteli vouchers in the Finnish Railway Museum.
Electrified commuter traffic in Helsinki region began in January 40 years ago. The first electrified line in Finland was Helsinki-Kirkkonummi.
In December 2008 becomes 90 years since the first railwaystation in Helsinki was demolished!
The Finnish Railway Museum is gathering photos and other material of the old station area Hyvinkää-Hanko railway.
The Engineman’s Journey -exhibition is now at the Finnish Labour Museum Werstas in Tampere. The exhibition will be open from 30th of January 2009 in Hyvinkää at the Finnish Railway Museum.
One hundred years old station building in Kauniainen (about 15 km from Helsinki) was burnt badly at 30th of August. The station was constructed between 1906-1908 and it was designed by architect Bruno F.Granholm (1857-1930).
In the Finnish Railway Museum library, soon there will be 16 000 volumes! One of the newest is Michael Galanakis, M.A., entitled “Space Unjust. Socio-Spatial Discrimination in Urban Public Space. Cases from Helsinki and Athens”.
There was a birthday competition at the birthday party of the 110 years old Finnish Railway Museum.
The Finnish Railway Museum will be 110 years this year. We arrange workshops for school children and students, where they can learn about museum work.
In the summer 2008 the Finnish Railway Museum will have longer opening hours.
Finnish Railway Museum welcomes all the visitors to it's new web pages in English.